Saturday, April 12, 2014

Applecheeks size two review


I heard about applecheecks early in looking into cloth diapers. They sounded great but being the penny pincher I am I couldn't bear to spend the nearly 20 on just the cover. But my curiosity got the best of me and I just had to try one. So with a little tax refund money and permission for the spouse. 

The laminate on the Applecheecks seems so thin to me. It reminds me of swim suite material. Although thin feeling I have not had any issues with it to speak of. I just feel it is more fragile. I don't particularly like fragile expensive things. 

The sewing however is splendid. The frills around the legs, tummy and rear just give a well done look. The elastics leaves a more settle red mark and seems very comfortable.  The fact that there is elastic in front is something I love. This not only gives the diaper a more finished look it helps hold in messes and keeps the waist line from folding over. 

The fit is perfect. not over saggy and fairly trip with a good range of waist line size adjustments. The envelope opening still holds all the mess. Personally I never leave an insert in a diaper. Unfortunately the middle opening makes for having to get your hands a little messy if your like me and just not willing to take a chance the insert won't come out. 

For me these diapers are just not worth the extra money for a good fitting diaper. But if you love to buy local then that's the price you will have to pay. I do recommend them if they are in your price range, but f not I promise you are not missing out all that much in my opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment