Monday, April 15, 2013

Nursing Side Laying

Five tips for nursing side laying
1- put babys head in the crook of your arm. This helps you manuver them as needed.

2- put there arm under you breast. It needs to be out of the way. Also it insures baby is also fully on their side. Your breast is not going to hurt their arm. Atleast my DD breast have not hurt my baby.

3- keep baby low. Dont try and force your breast up. Your arm should feel comfortable too. 

4- give yourself support. I stuff extra blanket under the space between my arm and the bed and also under my hips and back.

5- keep that little nse clear. I usually have to depress my floppy mama boob down just below baby's nose. You dont have to press hard just lightly enough to create some  space for air flow. Baby can not eat if he cant breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment