Monday, April 15, 2013

Walking and Nursing and Nursing in Public

Sometimes my son needs my to walk while nursing him. I think its when hes very gassy and needs a little extra movement. I do this in two ways.

1- if i happen to be cradle holding i canusually just tand up and go. I let is little bum slide down a bit and nurse him kinda upright. I usually find myself needing to hold my breast so he can keep his good latch. This however is not a problem if we are walking and nursing n the moby.

2-  other times i will cross over feed. I use the arm opposit my nursing breast to support baby, and i upport the nursing breast with my same side hand. This method is a little harded on my arms but i usually feel more balanced.



Fivetips for nursing in public

1- use the moby. It makes it easy. There is enough fabric to keep yourself covered, and you are not fully supporting baby. You can keep walking around and doing your thing. No one usually even notices im nursing baby.

2- always wear two shirts. I almost always wear my nursing tank with a second shirt on top. Ten im not expossing my whole body, and the upper shirt i use to cover my breast up. My babies dont do nursing covers.

3- be confident. Baby reads your cues. If your feeling flustered they will too and achieving a good latch may be harder and may draw un wanted attention to your chest.

4- i always latch facing away from the crowd.  Once im covered and good to go i come out of my coner and keep doing whatever i need to. If your eating out try nursing on the breast thats toward the inside of the table, a booth works best for this.

5- if things get crazy try latching in the opposite of what your doing. I.E if your sitting stand if standing sit.

Bonus tip- dont let baby get too hungry. Try and predict when baby will need to eat. A overly hungry baby will be a crying attention grabber. Also read up on your states nursing laws knowing how the state sees public nursing may put you at ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment