Monday, July 8, 2013

Rebranded Alva baby diapers review and review of that brand- you will want to read this

 I decided to cloth diaper on a whim. I did a bit of research but not a ton. I then found the website clothdiapers.us.com. I made the assumption that they sold Alva babys in the US.... After making a slightly hasty although well planned out order. I did some more browsing on their web page and I did not like what I found.  The diapers where indeed sent from China. Oh well no biggy right. But after nearly a week had gone by and money had been withdrawn from my account, I started to wonder if I had been scammed. so I found them on face book. 

I had already written an email, but received no answer until I wrote on their Facebook page. I was told that the delay was due to one of the diapers I ordered being out of stock. There had been nothing to tell me of this, or I would not have ordered that diaper. I asked if that item could be subbed for an identical item of just a different pattern. The reply was that they could sub a diaper of lesser cost and add a insert. They also added an insert because of the trouble. Ok again not a big deal. 

Until the package came. I had ordered 5 diapers. I received 3. I snapped a picture of what I had received and spent the next several days trying to get the last 2 diapers sent to me.  I placed my original order 6-13, and I am still waiting on the last two diapers to arrive. 
          
  

Cloth diapers.us.com is brand new, they have no idea what they are doing. They are kind and generous, but it is not worth the mistakes. My one order had 2 issues that I spent about a week each emailing to get resolved. I do not recommend ordering from them at all. They did correct their wrong doing but they are just not worth it. The diapers do not come with inserts, there is no packing log in your package and they are just had to deal with. Order Alvas direct or from a company like superstash.net or a buy sell trade group on Facebook. 

Now on to my review of the Alva diaper. So far I really like them. They have a wonderful feel. Slightly like a satin not rough or sticky like I was expecting. The snaps have plenty of options to fit a wide range of sizes. I get a great fit every time. The minky is soft and cuddly. The one thing I am not sure of yet is that the elastic seems thin to me. My little guy has less red marks with the cloth diapers then he gets with disposables, so it has not been an issue. The inner fleece is soft but after just about 2 weeks it is pilling, normal though. 
 

So heres a quick break down of so far the pros and cons.......

PROS
- soft fabric, is very touch able
- easy to use snaps that seem sturdy 
-so many patterns :) 
- great fit for my baby at this time
- inexpensive
- no leaks yet

CONS
- thin elastic doesn't seem like it will last ( i will keep you posted)
- ships fromChina/ made in China
- not the best fleece

Stay tuned and I will keep you updated as time goes by as to how these hold up for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment