Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Ventures into cloth diapering.

About a week ago we recieved our " China Cheepies" diapers. I ordered some basic Alva babys from secondary site. I wont go into the headache that caused but I do want to talk about the cloth diapering experience.

It has been wonderful. I am really loving it. I bought just enough diapers to get an idea if I would be able to handle the process or not. I also received a couple of sample diapers from Kawaii baby. Both diapers have fit differently but they are both a cheaper option then other pocket diapers. 

I have enjoyed cloth diapering so much I plan to slowly expand our stash and do it 3/4 time. So far we have been doing 1-3 cloth diapers a day. We have had no leak issues at all, even when my husband managed to put a diaper on completely backwards. 

When i first thought of doing CDs i wanted to try it because baby boy has sensitive skin and diapers left so much marking on him. I wanted to try cloth for at least his overnight diaper, since he was pretty much sleeping through the night. Worked like a charm. We have some marking but not nearly as red or angry looking as with disposables. 

second the laundry process is so easy! Just do a load of diapers. The load takes a little longer then your clothing does but it is not bad and really nothing fancy. Then you just stuff the diapers and have them ready to go. 

We are using pocket diapers. So easy! Just stuff. I have tried 3 types of inserts. Bamboo is my favorite!  I have also used Microfiber and pre folds. All three work great. For night time I use the bamboo and a small microfiber. Even fully soaked there is 0 leakage at all.

Next OMG there are so many cute covers and pockets. They are also soft to touch and just seem much more comfortable. I have a new addiction to shopping for cloth diapers. 

I really have yet to have an complaints. It is not that hard of a change at all. Here are some video links that helped me decide to try cloth. As always ask questions and leave comments.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gE-BrxgVYQ&feature=youtube_gdata - Video Tube for YouTube - iPhone/iPad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_Xs6hbBF8M&feature=youtube_gdata - Video Tube for YouTube - iPhone/iPad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EqjrArLr4I&feature=youtube_gdata - Video Tube for YouTube - iPhone/iPad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN75DGGshnw&feature=youtube_gdata - Video Tube for YouTube - iPhone/iPad


The diapers we are using are ...

Alvababy.com. - alva babys

The luvyourbaby.com. - kawaii baby diapers 

I will write a review for each later.....



2 comments:

  1. Great blog. Let me know if you decide to explain your laundry process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandy, i actualy just posted about my laundry routine you can find it here...

    http://thisnursingmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/dirty-laundry-skinny-on-our-my-laundry.html

    ReplyDelete